The solutions reside within us
We're trying for 5 locations! (4 corners + central)
What is an EdCamp?
Do some of the questions below resonate with you? If so, you're a prime candidate for EdCampIowa. Join us!
- What is the future of learning? And what implications does it have for how we do teaching and schooling?
- What if we didn't have class periods?
- How can we help kids think more deeply?
- Are high school diplomas and university degrees still necessary for credentialing?
- What percentage of teachers' work will be replaced by learning software, online classes, virtual tutors, and/or robots?
- How can schools better empower students' agency and voice?
- What are some great learning technologies for students in math (or P.E. or science or ...)?
- If we could rebuild from scratch how we do school, what might it look like?
- What kinds of state-level educational policies do we need?
- How can we keep from feeling overwhelmed all of the time?
- What if we didn't ignore that most of the time students are bored?
- How can we take better advantage of our new digital learning spaces to improve professional development?
- What if students were in charge of school discipline?
- How can we better learn from other educators and schools?
- Do students still need to memorize anything?
- What might school look like if students were in charge of teaching at least 20% of the time?
- What is getting in the way of us changing faster?
- How can preschool and elementary students use digital tools in powerful ways?
- What are better ways to involve our parents and community with our students?
- Do we really need grades?
- What would school look like if we didn't have administrators?
- How is the Common Core different from what we're doing now?
- What if students got to choose what they worked on?
- Are tablets or Chromebooks viable 1:1 devices?
- How can we better facilitate school-university partnerships?
- What might be some ways that our students could REALLY contribute to their community?
- Is problem-based learning all it's touted to be?
- What has to go in order to make competency-based student progression work?
- In a multimedia world, what is the future of reading?
- and many, many more...
I'm in! What else do I need to know?
Registration is FREE. Lunch and Internet access will be provided. Please bring 2 or 3 non-perishable food items that we can donate to a local food bank.
8:30am to 9:20am - Welcome and initial planning
9:30am to 10:20am - Session 1
10:30am to 11:20am - Session 2
11:30am to 12:20pm - Session 3
12:20pm to 1:05pm - Lunch break (clear your head!)
1:15pm to 2:05pm - Session 4
2:15pm to 3:15pm - Session 5
3:15pm to 3:30pm - Wrap-Up (what did we learn? what next?)